Story by Brooks Holloway . MCSC Media Director
Mississinewa High School Football and Coach Curt Funk have released their 2018 Summer Training Calendar. Downloadable PDF’s are available below. General weight training times have been added to the MCSC Athletics Calendar. For more information please contact Coach Funk at “email@example.com” or contact the high school at 765-674-2248.
June 2018 Calendar (pdf)
July 2018 Calendar (pdf)
Story by Brooks Holloway, MCSC Media Director
Coach Holloway would like to invite any interested Mississinewa High School student to participate in this event. The purpose of this event is to give our student-athletes the simulation/experience of an actual powerlifting meet according to IPA rules. The event will be ran in the format of an actual sanctioned IPA powerlifting meet with an emphasis on instruction and education of how to compete while the athletes have fun and support their peers.
To Register: Email Brooks Holloway and provide your anticipated weight at the time of weigh-ins, and your opening lift for each of the following…Squat, Bench, and Deadlift.
Athletes have 3 attempts per lift to accumulate the largest total possible.
- Date: Saturday, December 23
- Time: 8:00am until last lift is complete (apprx. 3:00pm)
- Place: Mississinewa High School Indian Power House Fieldhouse
- Faculty Supervisor: Brooks Holloway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cost: No cost
- Eligibility: Any student or athlete currently enrolled at Mississinewa High School not currently in a winter sport. Spots are limited to the first 30 registrants.
Parents and visitors may attend to watch the competition.
- 8:00-8:30am . Athlete Weigh-Ins
- 8:45am . Rules Meeting
- 9:00am . First Lift (Squat, Bench, then Deadlift)
Wilks formula will be used to determine the top three overall with prizes to those three individuals. Winners from each weight class will also be recognized.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 . Story by Brooks Holloway, MCSC Media Director
Time to register before the start of school next week is running out. Visit www.olemiss.k12.in.us to register online. Registration help is available at the MCSC Administration Building and all MCSC Schools daily. MCSC Device Orientation continues this week at 6:00pm tonight through Thursday. Please register before you attend Device Orientation (schedule below). A parent is required at all of the following sessions.
- Tuesday, August 1 at 6:00pm . 7th & 8th Grade
- Wednesday, August 2 at 6:00pm . 6th Grade & New Students to MCSC
- Thursday, August 3 at 6:00pm . Open Session
- Monday, August 7 at 6:00pm . Open Session
REGISTER ONLINE BEFORE ATTENDING DEVICE ORIENTATION.