Story by Brooks Holloway, MCSC Media Director
Coach Holloway would like to invite any interested Mississinewa High School student to participate in this event. The purpose of this event is to give our student-athletes the simulation/experience of an actual powerlifting meet according to IPA rules. The event will be ran in the format of an actual sanctioned IPA powerlifting meet with an emphasis on instruction and education of how to compete while the athletes have fun and support their peers.
To Register: Email Brooks Holloway and provide your anticipated weight at the time of weigh-ins, and your opening lift for each of the following…Squat, Bench, and Deadlift.
Athletes have 3 attempts per lift to accumulate the largest total possible.
- Date: Saturday, December 23
- Time: 8:00am until last lift is complete (apprx. 3:00pm)
- Place: Mississinewa High School Indian Power House Fieldhouse
- Faculty Supervisor: Brooks Holloway (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cost: No cost
- Eligibility: Any student or athlete currently enrolled at Mississinewa High School not currently in a winter sport. Spots are limited to the first 30 registrants.
Parents and visitors may attend to watch the competition.
- 8:00-8:30am . Athlete Weigh-Ins
- 8:45am . Rules Meeting
- 9:00am . First Lift (Squat, Bench, then Deadlift)
Wilks formula will be used to determine the top three overall with prizes to those three individuals. Winners from each weight class will also be recognized.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 . Story by Brooks Holloway, MCSC Media Director
Time to register before the start of school next week is running out. Visit www.olemiss.k12.in.us to register online. Registration help is available at the MCSC Administration Building and all MCSC Schools daily. MCSC Device Orientation continues this week at 6:00pm tonight through Thursday. Please register before you attend Device Orientation (schedule below). A parent is required at all of the following sessions.
- Tuesday, August 1 at 6:00pm . 7th & 8th Grade
- Wednesday, August 2 at 6:00pm . 6th Grade & New Students to MCSC
- Thursday, August 3 at 6:00pm . Open Session
- Monday, August 7 at 6:00pm . Open Session
REGISTER ONLINE BEFORE ATTENDING DEVICE ORIENTATION.
Media Day . Pictures for Fall Sports at Mississinewa High School is Thursday, August 3. Below is the schedule for this event. Teams should meet in the Secondary Gymnasium unless specified by the list or their coach.
- Cross Country . 11:00am
- Volleyball . 11:15am
- Football . 11:30am (Meet at the Football Field)
- Girls Golf . 12:00pm
- Boys Tennis . 12:15pm
- Girls Soccer . 12:30pm
- Boys Soccer . 12:45pm
First Practices . The first practice of the fall season is just around the corner for our teams. All athletes must have a completed physical on file in the MHS Athletic Department before they can participate in any type of activity with their team.
- Friday, July 28th
- Girls Golf at Shady Hills Golf Course . 9:00am
- Monday, July 31st
- Boys & Girls Soccer at MHS . 6:30am
- Volleyball at MHS Secondary Gymnasium . 9:00am
- Boys Tennis at MHS Tennis Facility . 3:15pm
- Cross Country at MHS . 4:00pm
- Football at MHS Fieldhouse . 6:00pm
Visit your team’s page at MCSCAthletics.com to see their Fall Athletics contest schedule. Changes will be posted as soon as possible to ensure all calendars are current. Remember that the Fall Athletics season opens on July 31, and all athletes at Mississinewa High School are required to have a physical before participating. Locally Dr. Blake is offering this service for a fee of $25 along with Med Express ($30).
Mississinewa Indians are committed to offering a high level of summer training for all athletes and students to enhance overall health and performance. IHSAA Moratorium Week is the week of July 4th. No student or athlete in any Mississinewa Schools are permitted to train with a coach or in any of the MCSC facilities during this week.
Athlete & Football Training
Training for athletes who intend on playing sports in any of the 2017-18 seasons should attend this session. Full Calendar
Open IPH Training
Alternative training time held by Mr. Holloway. Athletes should report to the Athlete Training session (see other calendar). Open IPH Training will be used for advanced strength and conditioning. Full Calendar
Mississinewa High School, and Athletics Director Chanse Young are providing one informational and registration form for all summer camps this year. There are several opportunities for youth to participate in a variety of sports. Please return all forms to the Mississinewa High School Athletics Department. Questions may be directed to Chanse Young (Email Now) or the coach of each individual sport (see the form for contact info).
DOWNLOAD SUMMER CAMP FORM
On Monday, Mississinewa athletes competed in the annual Spring Bash Weight Meet hosted by the Mississinewa Football team. Muncie Central , Elwood, Tipton, Jay County, and Twin Lakes competed alongside Mississinewa in four events; 40 yard dash, power clean, squat, and bench press. Muncie Central took home the top team award as well as the top individual performance from Xavier Cleaves. Mississinewa earned second as a team, and below are the top five individual performances from the Indians.
- Tyce Nicholson (5th Overall)
- Sean Shrout (9th Overall)
- Cade Campbell (16th Overall)
- Cade McCoin (17th Overall)
- Heisman Skeens (22nd Overall)
- Rounding out Mississinewa’s Top Ten: Brandon Hewitt, Dustin Patton, Evan Wilkins, Caden Bell, Weston Lockwood