Today’s Tribe Sports Report written by the Tribe Sports Network Director Ryan Scott.
Indian News. TribeTV will not be streaming this Fridays football sectional at Huntington North due to Student-Staff conflicts.
You can watch this Saturday as 1st year head coach Laura Friday and her Indians will have their scrimmage against Fort Wayne Wayne at home, broadcast starts at 10:45am. Ryan Scott will have the call.
Cross Country. It was a cold Semi State Saturday but that didn’t affect senior Carli Fones as she competed in her 3rd career semi state. Fones finished with a time of 19:52.
Football. What better way to start the IHSAA State tournament with a no rain Friday night. 10th year head coach Curt Funk and his Indians took down the Delta Eagles 17-7 this past Friday to move to the semi final round of sectional 20 and to move to the round of 33. “let’s make history” said Funk as he addressed his team Thursday before the big showdown and that’s what the Tribe wants to do and to win a sectional since 2017. Andre Sallade kicked a field goal and two PATs. Cade Campbell rushed for one touchdown and had two interceptions. Andrew Cruz rushed for one touchdown. Drew Castenon had an interception.
- Scout Defense Player of the week- AIDEN KELLEY AND JEHEIM JOHNSON
- Scout Offense Player of the week- JAYDEN CRICK AND HAYDEN NELSON
- Offensive Player of the week- TEAM OFFENSE
- Defensive Player of the week- TEAM DEFENSE
- Tuff Man Award- JOHN HALL, ANDRUW CRUZ AND KYLER FUNK
- Warrior of the Week- CADE CAMPBELL
- Special Teams of the Week- ANDRE SALLADE
- Lineman of the Week- JASON ARBOGAST
- 6 second player award- DREW CASTANON AND BRYCE LUEDTKE
- Spirit Award- TEAM
RJB Athletics. 7th and 8th grade boys basketball tryouts will be on Today, 10/28 at RJ Baskett.
7th grade from 6:00-7:30
8th grade from 7:30-9:00
- No Events tonight for Indian Nation
Don’t forget to subscribe to the MCSC Athletics YouTube channel to catch all the LIVE sports events provided by TribeTV/The Tribe Sports Network. Follow MCSC Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Tune in Daily for the Tribe Sports Daily Show on YouTube provided by TribeTV.