Story by Brooks Holloway . MCSC Media Director
Tribe Sports Report
The Tribe Sports Daily Show on MCSC Athletics YouTube channel will be live at 10:00am the rest of this week and then move to 1:00pm next Monday. Tune in for a live report of all Mississinewa athletics events and the professional sports update.
JV Football was the only event last night. The Indians hosted Frankton. MCSC Athletics is still waiting on the results of that game.
Mississinewa will host Sectional 23 for IHSAA Volleyball starting Thursday. The entire tournament can be watched live on TribeTV (listings below) as well as MCSC Athletics YouTube. Bishop-Luers and Norwell open up play on Thursday at 6:00pm followed by Marion and Bellmont. The Lady Indians play Saturday against Heritage at approximately 11:30am. Doors open, for all sessions, one hour before first serve. Tournament Weekend Passes are $10 each and Session Passes cost $6. Fans are asked to enter either doors 10 or 14.
- TribeTV Viewing Schedule on TheCube
Cross Country Regionals will be ran at Indiana Wesleyan University this Saturday starting at 10:30am. Brennan Butche, Jon Tucker, and the entire Girls Team will race. Go Indians!
- RJB Volleyball at Southern Wells . 5:00pm
- RJB Football vs. Frankton at Mississinewa High School . 6:00pm
Professional Sports Update
- Minnesota defeated Chicago at Soldier Field for Monday Night Football 20-17. Case Keenum went 17-21 with 140 yards for the Vikings.
- Houston ended the season for the Boston Red Sox yesterday in a 5-4 win. They await the winner of the Yankees and Indians on Friday.
- The Yankees tied the series last night with Cleveland 7-3 and will play on Wednesday in a Game 5 situation.
- The Chicago Cubs went up 2-1 in their series with the Washington Nationals yesterday with a 2-1 win late in the game off a Rizzo single, and overcame a great performance by Max Scherzer.
- Los Angelas clinched their series against Arizona late last night in a 3-1 win, and now await the winner of the Cubs and Nationals.
- The Indiana Pacers lost 107-97 to the Detroit Pistons last night. Damien Wilkins led the Pacers with 14 points.
- In Hockey, Colorado beat Boston 4-0, St. Louis won 3-2 over the Islanders, New Jersey defeated Buffalo 6-2…Toronto, Tampa Bay, and Winnipeg were also winners.