Story by Brooks Holloway . MCSC Media Director
Featured Image from @GoMHSIndians on Twitter
Cross Country Image courtesy of Scott Hunt . firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribe Sports Report
Mississinewa Football will look to close out the CIC and regular season this Friday at Alexandria after rolling past Frankton this weekend 69-0 at Fisher Field. The Indians are now 6-2 (4-2 CIC) on the season. Heisman Skeens, cade Campbell, and Cade McCoin were very active on the offensive side of the ball, but a huge story was laid when Dustin Patton scored his first touchdown of his career and Jay Jones completed a 73 yard touchdown while being left wide open. The defense held their opponent scoreless for the third straight game. If Mississinewa wins the opening round they could play at home again in the sectional Semifinals against either Delta or Marion.
- Scout Defense Player of the Week – John Hall
- Scout Offense Player of the Week – Jaheim Johnson & Bryce Luedtke
- Warrior of the Week – Dustin Patton & Heisman Skeens
- Lineman of the Week – Evan Wilkins
- Six-Second Player Award – Cade McCoin
- The Bone Crusher Award – Dustin Patton
Girls Soccer battled Western in the IHSAA Sectional Championship on Saturday at Marion High School. Beth Lucas scored the lone goal for the Lady Indians as Mississinewa came up short to the Panthers in a 3-1 loss.
Lady Indians Volleyball are the 2017 Grant Four Champions after defeating Madison Grant (26-24, 27-25, 20-25, 23-25, 15-8) in the morning session, and then overcoming the hosts Oak Hill in the championship match (19-25, 25-22, 25-18, 25-20). Erika Foy had 36 kills and 14 digs on the day. Kirsten Lockwood had 27 kills and 5 blocks. Emily Taylor recorded 17 digs.
Indians Cross Country had several success stories at the Indiana Wesleyan IHSAA Sectional on Saturday. As a team the boys finished 6th place. Brennan Butche was the Sectional Champion at 16:17.1 and will advance to Regionals along side Jon Tucker. The girls placed 5th and will advance as a team to Regionals. Carli Fones was the top finisher at 22:09 for the Lady Indians.
- JV Football vs. Frankton . 6:00pm
Professional Sports Update
- The Pacers, who are 2-0, travel to Detroit to take on the Pistons tonight at 7:00pm.
- The Colts defeated the 49ers on Sunday 26-23 to move to 2-3 on the season. Peyton Manning was honored during the game.
- Minnesota will play Chicago at Soldier Field for Monday Night Football at 8:30pm on ESPN.
- Boston took game 3 against the Astros on Sunday to cut into Houston’s lead at 2-1 with a big 10-3 win.
- New York won 1-0 last night over Cleveland. The Indians are still up 2-1.
- The Nationals evened up the series with the Cubs on Saturday with a 6-3 win.
- Los Angelas is now up 2-0 on Arizona after winning 8-5 on Saturday.
- All series continue today, Houston-Boston at 1:00pm, Chicago-Washington at 4:00pm, New York-Cleveland at 7:00pm, and Los Angelas-Arizona at 10:00pm.